Official Store Link
Don't Miss Our Official Online Store Sale.Most of our merchandise will have up to 50% discount and we have attached a list of all the items that will be on sale.
On this DIY guide, I would like to answer the following question, "How to Update Coocaa 50S3N and Add Application?"
Originally, the Coocaa 50S3N comes only with 7 applications which includes Netflix, YouTube, Smart TV Apps, Facebook, Twitter, MiraShare and Browser. Please refer to the actual image below.
What happened after update?
The image below is an actual image capture on updated Coocaa 50S3N models.
After the software update, three new applications added from the existing seven applications which includes Prime Video, YouTube Kids and Yahoo Weather.
The existing 7 Apps from the old software are as follows Netflix, YouTube, Smart TV Apps, Facebook, Twitter, MiraShare and Browser.
How to Update Coocaa 50S3N and Add Application?
Here is the step by step guide on how to update your Coocaa 50S3N.
1. Prepare USB Flash Drive.
2. Format USB Flash Drive to FAT32.
3. Download Coocaa 50S3N Software and Firmware using this link.
4. Extract and move the software "MstarUpgrade.bin and SkyData Folder" to USB Flash Drive root directory.
I assume that your USB flash drive and Coocaa 50S3N software is ready at this point. So let's prepare the Coocaa 50S3N for software update.
1. Insert USB Flash to Coocaa 50S3N USB port which is located at the back of the TV.
2. On your Skyworth original remote press "MENU".
3. Using remote navigation key find "SETUP".
4. Then select "Software Update (USB)".
5. Finally press right or left navigation key arrow, cancel and ok, respectively.
6. The progress bar appear and update will begin, please refer to image above. Please do not interrupt on unplug the TV while the Coocaa 50S3N updating, it took sometimes to finish.
7. It will take 5 minutes to update. After update it will restart automatically.
8. After starting up normally, press the green color button on the remote control for 4 seconds.
9. The TV will automatically upgrade the packet and automatically restart it to indicate that “SkyData” has been upgraded successfully.
Then you can test TV after finish updating.
What else the update can solved?
The update also fixed the stuck volume problem and Netflix Error to Coocaa 50S3N model which some customer have already experiencing.